Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Almost 39 weeks and counting!!!

I had my dr's appt yesterday. I was hoping for change this week since I went walking 3 times last week to get this labor going. My nurse said if there was no change to cry and maybe my dr. would give me good news regardless, hehehe! Well, I did not have to cry because I am 3 cm dialated and 70% efaced. My baby boy is still kind of high but he is in position. This was the best news I received all week. I have had so much pressure and contractions off and on all last week. My dr. thinks I will see him again before next appointment. I am really hoping I see him. He had 4 deliveries last week, it is my turn, right? My friend Jina from Phoenix guessed the 22nd of this month, she may be the winner of Starbucks coffee. My baby is plenty big enough to come out, at least 8.5-9 pounds, yikes! Bailey was 8 pounds 10 oz. and a week early. The Anderson family makes big babies, I think my husband is proud of this.

I am totally going for the epidural this time around. With Bailey I thought I would be superwoman and do it without. It was a gruling process, but at the end I had a wonderful gift waiting for me. My beautiful baby girl Bailey. Bailey will be 3 years old in March, I cannot hardly believe this. I look at her when she sleeps and think, "where did the time go?" She will be my little helper. Through this last month Bailey has asked lots of questions anywhere from pertaining to breast feeding to car seat, stroller questions, about going to the hospital, and using my bellybutton as a microphone to talk to her baby brother, too cute! When he has kicked me really hard I let out a moan and groan and she tells him, "you be nice to my mom." She is my little protector. I hope the next time I post I will have had my little guy. Thanks for everyone's prayers and thoughts truly appreciated.

4 comments:

Melanie said...

OH I know you were hoping to not post again before this little boy joined your world...sorry! However, that is good news, keep walking!

Bailey will be a great help. I remember Emma, 32 mos old when Reagan was born. She loved being a big sis and tried to help out sometimes a little too much. ha In fact, it was hard to get a picture of the baby without the big sis in it.

I'll be thinking about you. Hugs!!

Jina said...

Come on 22nd!

@sweetbabboo said...

Anxiously awaiting the arrival of your little one... though definitely not as anxious as I'm sure you are. He'll arrive when he's good and ready. I'll be thinking of you.

Anderson Fam said...

Abby-

I am really trying to be patient. I am now 90% efaced, head is at a -1 and I am so uncomfortable, but he will come like you said when he is good and ready. I can hardly wait. I hope this weekend sometime. My sister and aunt took me on a 2.2 mile walk yesterday it must have started something. Maybe I should have ran like the good ole days in Cross Country! Thanks for thinking of me.