Monday, May 4, 2009

The Walk

The walk for March of Dimes was great. The weather was perfect for a walk by the waterfront walking toward Seattle and the Space Needle. What a humbling experience for me. I am so blessed to have two healthy children when they were born with no complications. I did not realize how often there are preemie babies and babies born with so many problems and have to fight to survive. Walking with friends and for friends gave me a jolt. It was so great to see all the walkers who were walking for friends, family, or their own little ones. My heart goes out to all of the families who have endured a loss of a child, or a child who had complications at birth. "My strength is in you Lord." I raised $50 for MOD. I hope next year I can triple that!!! Thanks to all who donated.

3 comments:

mikeo75 said...

Awesome Heather, what a great cause!

Jina said...

we are so proud of you, heather!

Anderson Fam said...

Thanks guys!!!