Monday, March 30, 2009

A Nudge.....

This past week was a hard one. Through the rough times I saw God shining through. A dear friend of mine in my women's small group bible study lost her baby girl 3 weeks from her due date. I was and still am deeply saddened by the news. I cannot even fathom what she and her husband has gone through. Prayer keeps them going. I diligently prayed for them throughout the week and continue to pray for them. After having my own little one 9 weeks ago this continues to be on my heart daily. I saw them both on Saturday when I took them dinner. I saw enormous strength in my friend. Strength I don't know that I would have or ever will have like she did.

On Wednesday of last week I had a "Pay It Forward," moment. I was getting my sister and I Starbucks in the afternoon on Wednesday at a Starbucks we do not routinely go to. I was in line and there was a couple behind me. I heard her say, "I can't use my card." I then heard him say to her as he was pulling out a few dollars from his wallet, "Where did my other money go?" I heard a little more from him that he had $2 and she had some change. Well, we all know when we go to Starbucks it cost more than $2 usually. I felt a nudge......God wanted me to help them out. I paid for my Starbucks and took over some of the extra wadded up money and said, " Coffee on me." The gal smiled and said that is so sweet, and accepted the cash and stood in line to get her coffee. The best moment for me though was when I was standing to wait for my order she paid for hers and looked over and mouthed "thank you." I mouthed back "your welcome." As I was leaving with my order, she was waiting for hers and said "have a nice day." I said the same to her. This moment was just what I needed for this week. That night I got in a bind with our van key and a dear friend of mine came to the rescue. Wow, a nudge! Enjoy your week. God is Good!

No comments: