Sunday, July 11, 2010

Summer finally hit here in Seattle


Wow, it was a whopping 90's this last week. We call that in Seattle barely living, because it usually is not that warm in the summer time. When you do not have central air conditioning it can get unbareable. We do have more than some people, two window air conditioning units which have helped so much. This last week we went to the spray park to cool down and finally gave in and bought a pool. I am glad I waited though one day before buying it. I had my eye on a pool at Ride-Aid, it was $40. The next day I went back, because my hubby said go ahead and just buy it and it was 25% off. I was so estatic that I got it on sale. Since it was on sale I bought the kids a few toys too for the pool. Well worth the money spent this last week with the weather and the kids loved it. I on the other hand have not been in the pool yet. I will get there sometime.

During the last week and weekend, Bailey has been sick. I feel so helpless when my kids are sick. I have a horrible gag reflex so my hubby steps in when they get sick. Thank the Lord my kids hardly ever get sick. Bailey also ended up with a wierd rash that needed Benadryl. I believe we are on the mend and no one else got sick, thank you Jesus!

This last week for me I have started watching a little girl who is 21 months old to help out with some extra income coming in. When I got paid, my hubby thanked me and smiled really big. Finances are tough people, but through prayer and trusting in him all things are possible. I also got another cleaning job that will be starting up at the end of the month and going just for a few months. I am truly blessed and thanks to my friend Krystal for passing the word along that I needed a job. Everything works out for a reason. That is all the happenings right now in the Anderson household.

My diet is going good. I have lost 6 pounds, but mostly I have more energy and I read labels more than ever now and take my time grocery shopping. I started doing the shopping at night when the kids go to bed and Jon can watch them. Makes it so much easier to shop and take my time instead of buying unnecessary purchases. Enjoy these summer months.

No comments: