Thursday, May 6, 2010

Mommy, Mom, Mother, and Ma and Our MeMa



Happy Mother's Day to all you Mother's out there. I look forward to this day that is observed for us mom's, grandma's, aunts, sister's, friends, and anything else I may be forgetting.

One of the best things about being a mom is I love when my kids do funny things or say the little things that I loathe to hear. Bailey melts my heart with how she tells me I am the best mommy ever. She also tells me I am the best baker, and daddy is right up there too, go figure! She brings me dandelions which she has claimed are a flower and they are beautiful to her. Her daddy crushed her spirit one day when he told her they were weeds. I accept them as the most beautiful flowers that I have ever seen, because she picks them for me. My joy is my children and I love them more and more everyday. Being able to stay at home with them and be a domestic engineer I really would not change it for the world. There are days that are exhausting and my patience has run dry but then I have to stop and remind myself that my kids love me to be there for them. I need them as much as they need me.

Hudson shows me he loves me in his own way by giving me kisses. He used to do this to wake me up in the morning when he was snuggled in my bed. He has not done this in awhile but he finds other ways to show me. He is a cuddler and loves to hold my hand when I tuck him in to his crib at night and then I pray for him. Praying over your kids is so important. Praying not just for their safety but for their future, health, and well being in everything they do.

I just have to stop Bailey was playing outside with her daddy and brother and she came in and gave me a kiss and told me she loves me. I love being their mommy.

I love my kids.

Dear Mom,

Thank you for being the most amazing mother in my eyes. Thank you for teaching me to stand firm on what I believe and to let others know even if their opinion or actions differ from my own. You are unique and beautiful in your own way. I believe I take after you in that area. I love being different and unique from the style of my clothes to the new things I like to try and cook or bake to my home. Thank you for being there when it meant the most. You were there for me when I became a mom and to me that is the biggest most cherished blessing a daughter can have. You gave when you did not have. Your faith and strength shine through. Even when things hurt you press on. I love you always and hope your Mother's Day was a great one. Love your daughter Heather Ann

1 comment:

Dorenna said...

Heather, you touched my heart with your words. You are an amazing daughter. I was telling Bailey last night that you were my 1st born and little stories of you to her. I wanted her to know you were my daugher and my 1st baby. You are bringing up two Godly children and it shows. The thought that went into what Bailey made me was amazing and my mothers day was perfect with you all. Our time together you and me yesterday was great. I love you with all my heart. Mom