Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Easter and baptism





We had an amazing Easter weekend. It all started with an Easter egg hunt at Life Care Center in Bothell by my sister's house. It was cold, but the kids seemed to enjoy themselves. The afternoon on Saturday April 3rd, brought Easter food prep, carrot cupcakes and orange yogurt muffins with a yummy glaze. Naps for everyone that afternoon.

Easter morning woke to Hudson and Bailey finding their baskets, mommy was still in bed. I missed some of the picture taking. Bailey said a few nights back while saying prayers, "mommy it is not about the Easter bunny, it is about Jesus dying on the cross." My heart was so full after hearing these precious words. My 4 yr. old gets it, and I love that. She had a lot of questions about Jesus this Easter if it hurt him getting nailed to a cross and the thorns. Jon's mom last year bought Bailey the Resurrection eggs at the Christian book store and we followed the story through Easter morning with the eggs. A good tool to have for little ones. We were off to church at 9am because Jon and I were recommitting our lives to Christ through baptism. I also volunteer in the nursery at the 10:30 service so we had to go to the early service. My family...husband, sister, aunt, mom, cousins were present during the baptism. I chose to get rebaptized, that sounds a little wierd, but here is the story.....

A church we were a part of in the past, liked their volunteers to get baptized if we were to keep volunteering in areas in the church. Jon wanted to get baptized and I think at the time I wanted to more to support him, but felt it really was not my choice. My faith and walk with God has inspired me to show the world where I was and where I am now with Christ. When talking to my husband about getting baptized again he suggested I speak to our caring minister Cheryl, who I have got to know through women's bible studies and with working with our children. Cheryl asked some questions, but made me realize that my choice and this tug from God was not going to go away and should get baptized if I felt so strong about the choice to recommit. Jon then the week before Easter wanted to get rebaptized too. Realizing that he has made Christ the center of his life and has given up past behaviors that trapped him. Our marriage has been strengthened through our ups and downs, but having the common ground be Christ in our marriage and recommitting together seemed even more fitting. My husband got to help Pastor Dan baptize me, what a moment and I will never forget. I'm so humbled that we have a God who is forgiving and who loves me for who I am.

Photos I said I would post some of the remodeled bathroom. Baptism photos to follow.

No comments: